1. Saute butternut squash in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft and just brown, cool slightly.
2. Roll out dough and brush with remaining olive oil and season with salt.
3. Top dough with squash and half the dulse.
4. Bake or cook on stovetop until cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and top with remaining dulse and cheese. Serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Seagreens © 2016 by Barton Seaver, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
"Vegetables are perishable, so we don't have any indication of what they looked like 500 years ago," says James Nienhuis, a professor in the Department of Horticulture at the University of Wisconsin.